NACD’s Site Visit Program
Inviting Members of Congress to tour your facility and discuss industry issues is an effective way for them to see firsthand the important work done at chemical distribution facilities. NACD staff will reach out to your Members of Congress, brief you on specific legislation, and if necessary join you and your elected officials personally on-site.
Setting up a facility visit is easy. Here is how it works:
- Contact NACD staff (703) 527-6223 to let them know when you are available to host a visit. Most site visits happen when Congress is in recess (i.e. Memorial Day weekend, August), so please be flexible if possible.
- NACD staff will reach out to your Member of Congress’ office directly to coordinate schedules.
- Once a day and time is confirmed, NACD staff will email you briefing materials and talk to you personally about the federal issues relevant to the site visit.
- Give the Member of Congress a brief tour of your facility, followed by a meeting on the federal issues.
- Take pictures of your visit with the Member of Congress.
- Report the details of your visit back to NACD staff.
The process is not only simple, but also incredibly valuable. No amount of visits from lobbyists in Washington, DC can replace a one-on-one in-district meeting at your facility. Get involved and invite a Member of Congress to your facility today!
Interested in hosting a Site Visit? Tell us now!
If you have hosted a facility tour, or are planning an upcoming visit, please let us know.